The Ultimate Guide to Keep Bugs Out of Your House: by Structural analysis expertKoushik Sarker
Winter has completed it’s course and the sun is ready to tune up its temperature. Side by side the humidity in the weather will increase gradually which will create the perfect ‘honeymoon ambiance’ for the insects like termite, woodworm, mosquito, and cockroach and so on.
No need to say, the grear Kolkata region is one of the worst victims of these tiny insects.
While we all mostly take some steps against the mosquito and cockroaches, we don’t bother much about the rest. However, as per our senior structural analysis expert in Kolkata Mr. Koushik Sarker, these apparently innocent tiny creatures have enough power to affect your building structure badly.
What’s the solution? The single line answer is – you have to be aware about their power and have to gather information about them. So, take a cup of coffee, sit back and read.
Where Insects Grow Most – the High Risk Areas?
As we discussing about all types of insects that prevail in a building, we need to know that they have their own ‘type’ of habitat. Mostly bugs prefer dark, moist and silent areas. Whether it is the warehouse, an overhead shelf, backyard of your home, garden fixtures and so on.
What are The Symptoms of Pest Infestation?
The earlier the better! This is the simplest formula when it comes to save your property from pest. Any delay in discovering an infestation of pest can worsen within a week and you may have to bear huge loss.
So, do a self-survey every fortnight on the ‘high risk’ areas and if you find any trace of termite’s mud-channels or wood dust on the floor, consult with a structural analysis expert in Kolkata or call a pest control professional.
What Should You Do?
Be very clear that for every type of pest, there is different treatment method. One size won’t fit all! So, consult with expert as early as possible and let them take steps as early as possible. Also follow the below mentioned points:
- Keep debris and useless items away from your home.
- Make clear drainage system to drain out excess water quickly.
- Make enough space for light and air in your home.
- Restructure furniture in your home time to time.
- Keep your home, warehouse, garden and other places clean and dry.
- Never ignore those woodcutting sound at night or those mud-channels.
- Fill every gaps in your home – whether it is a crack on wall or a hole for plumbing pipe.
- Clean the surrounding of indoor plants regularly.
What You Shouldn’t?
This part is more important than ‘what you should do’. Any mistake here can spread the insects to other parts of your home and it not only will increase your cost, but also makes the treatment process lengthy and complex. So, keep the following points in mind:
- Don’t try to disturb the insects at their position. Never ever break their mud-channel or try to kill them manually, unless you have proper pest control method in hand.
- Never use any chemical without professional knowledge of dosage, precaution, and other risk factors. While using low dosage for multiple times will make them resistant to the chemical, high dosage can be dangerous for your family members, pets as well as assets.
- Don’t try any all-purpose insect killer that you use at home if you aren’t sure it’ll work on the insects. Also, do note that these sprayable chemicals mostly kill the insects which are on the upper surface and the rest alive ones get spread all along your home. So, be cautious.
What’s the Conclusion?
As per our structural assessment professional in Kolkata, it’s always best to go for a half-yearly survey by professional pest control expert for your home. If there are infected buildings nearby or if the environment of your locality is highly humid, it’s better to make it quarterly for better safety. After all, prevention is better than cure, isn’t it?